Disclaimer

I've been collecting photos and ideas since October 2009.
If I've used one of your photos but have failed to give you credit for it,
please let me know by leaving a comment in the post containing that image.


Thursday, May 13, 2010

Save the Date

Even though we don't have a ton of out of town guests, I still wanted to send out Save the Dates - or "STDs" as the wedding boards would have you call them. I knew I could make them and print them myself, cheaply, so the expense wasn't a big issue. So, shortly after we got engaged, I started designing them.

Here is the journey of the design of our Save the Date postcards. Some of these make me shudder. What was I thinking?





*Please note that the following one was done so long ago (back in November) we had only looked at one venue, so I was using the OKC Zoo as a stand-in for anywhere I needed a venue name.











And finally, I got it just right, and sent these out on May 6, 2010. Everyone got them really fast. It took less than 24 hours for the folks down in Altus to get theirs. I was shocked.



And so that I didn't have to try to fit too much information on the front, I printed the basics on the back. Now we'll just hope that everyone reads them. I've already had one person say that they got our "invite" in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment