Disclaimer

I've been collecting photos and ideas since October 2009.
If I've used one of your photos but have failed to give you credit for it,
please let me know by leaving a comment in the post containing that image.


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Milk Glass

I took about a week off from posting. Most of the stuff I've been working on, I can't really post publicly, because it all has to do with the bridal party gifts. I've also ordered my veil and my cake topper, but I'll wait to post about them. I want to have the veil in hand before I give my thoughts on it. I hope I'm as excited about it, when I see it, as I am right now. So, on to some things I can post about right now...

I've loved milk glass for a long time. I've always thought it would be a nice addition to the wedding decor, but didn't really know how I should incorporate it.

Well, this blog post kind of put me over the edge, and I knew I HAD to find a way to get it to all work together. Thank god I chose white as an accent color, instead of ivory!

So, for the past week or so, I've been hitting up all the thrift stores in the metro, looking for milk glass. I'm now up to 73 pieces, and I think I've got enough. I'll still keep looking, but don't plan to buy any more duplicates.

Here are a few photos of all of my finds. Some of these pieces (about 9) are ones I already had. The rest are all new.

I hope to be able to use this plate for my wedding cake.










So, now that the china cabinet is full, including the top, I have no idea where I'm going to store all of these, for 4.5 months. I told Keith he needs to build a display case, but he doesn't seem too keen on that. After the wedding, I will be selling a good deal of these pieces, but I know I'll end up keeping quite a few of them. I love them all!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea to use the milkglass! I bet there are no milkglass vases for miles around you... All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I think it'll be pretty.

    Now that we've pretty much decided that we are also doing a build-your-own-sundae bar, it'll be nice to use some of the extra peices, for the sundae toppings too.

    ReplyDelete